On April 16, Michigan State University and the MSU Innovation Center celebrated and showcased entrepreneurship, research, and discovery at their annual Innovation Celebration.
The celebration gave many startups the opportunity to show off and share their ideas and products. In the Technology Showcase, those attending learned about:
- Non-invasive Treatments for Gastroesophageal Reflux
- AFEX Biomass Processing
- Silicone Veterinary Models
- The documentary “Imported from China”
- Laser for Standoff Detection
- Minerals as Thermoelectric Materials
Student startups also got a chance to show off;
For their efforts and innovation over the years, three awards were presented to three exceptional innovators;
Professor Hancock is a blueberry breeder on the forefront of breeding new varieties of this amazing fruit.
Remarks were given by:
- Charles A. Hasemann- Executive Director, MSU Innovation Center
- Lou Anna K. Simon- President, Michigan State University
- Dr. Stephen D.H. Hsu- Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies
- Brian Abraham-Executive Director, Spartan Innovations
All of the speakers stressed the impact of innovation and President Simon spoke to the importance of the high impact learning experiences MSU and Universities must continue to provide students.
You can find more about the celebration and the people and companies mentioned on the MSU Innovation Center’s website.