Our next speaker is a very special guest for 7 reasons.
Last year I was fortunate to be invited to speak at a financial conference in Singapore.
Unbeknownst to me that invitation would change my life.
Prior to that conference, I did not call any Venture Capitalists friends. They were a mysterious type of person I had read a lot about as the type of person many people aspired to interact with to help make their dreams come true.
Fast forward one year and now I’m thrilled to have a handful of Venture Capitalists I call friends.
Why does this matter?
One of my friends, Matthew Roszak is coming to Lansing.
When I launched Startup Grind Lansing in January, Matt was one of the first people I invited to present. However, I also gave him the option to be introduced to the Chicago chapter if that would be better for him. With no scheduled speakers, Matt said he’d rather speak in Lansing than Chicago. That speaks to Matt’s character. He isn’t a greedy money hungry Venture Capitalist. He is a genuine, modest, helpful person.
Here are 7 reasons to meet Matt:
- Seasoned Executive on the board of over 12 companies.
- Managed over $1 billion in investment deals.
- Attended a private dinner with Bill Clinton.
- Sought after commentator on bitcoin, (featured on CNBC, as well as The Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch, & Business Insider)
- Over 20 investments in the red hot bitcoin space including: BitFury, BitGo, Blockstream, ChangeTip, Factom, MaidSafe, and Xapo.
- Named as one of the “who’s who of the crypto-currency world” by The Wall Street Journal
- Mr. Roszak was also a producer of the first ever Bitcoin documentary, The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin.
How can you meet him?
Join our July 16th Startup Grind at the East Lansing Technology Innovation Center at 6:00 PM.
If you RSVP before Thursday with this link you’ll get 50% off as a Startup Lansing reader.
Here are two more reasons to attend our event next week:
- We’ll be announcing our first founder of a publicly traded company.
- We’ll be announcing the first steps in completing the promise we made in May.
Hope to see you there!
About David Smith
David Smith is the director of Startup Grind Lansing
The Lansing Startup Grind chapter meets the 3rd Thursday of every month and features monthly fireside chat interviews with successful entrepreneurs that provide ample opportunities to connect with amazing startups and the people behind them, tap into a strong support network, form meaningful connections and gain inspiration for the startup journey ahead.